The 8th Annual Meading at the Garden is being held on APRIL 1, 2023 at the Alta Vista Botanical Gardens in Vista, CA. This year the event falls on April Fool’s Day, so come be a fool with us and have some fun!! As always, 100% of all proceeds are donated to the Alta Vista Botanical Gardens.
About Meading at the Garden
The largest mead festival on the west coast, Meading at the Garden features over 30 meaderies, cideries, and breweries. Come join hundreds of mead enthusiasts, homebrewers, aficionados, and local residents to sample modern versions of the world’s oldest fermented beverage — Mead! There will also be plenty of beer on hand from some of SoCal’s finest breweries. Enjoy food from local restaurants and eateries!!
Listen to live music! Win raffle prizes! Check out the mead-making demonstration and honey tasting!
VIP Admission* begins at 10:45 am.
General Admission begins at 12 pm.
Admission includes one (1) taster glass and two(2) drink tickets.
*VIP ticket required for entry to the 6-Course Hawaiian-themed VIP Mead Pairing.
Admission does NOT include unlimited taster pours. Each guest receives two drink tickets with admission and must purchase additional tickets at AVBG ticket kiosks located throughout the festival. Each drink ticket can be redeemed for one (1) 12oz Beer/Seltzer or one (1) 6oz Mead/Cider/Wine.
Admission Perks – Meading at the Garden
General Admission and VIP tickets include enjoying live music on the main stage with talented local bands, experiencing mead-making firsthand, and exploring the renaissance of the Viking Village.
- This Viking-themed mini-village is back, featuring axe-throwing, live blacksmithing, and leatherworking.
- Experience mead-making firsthand at the mead brewing demonstration with the North County Homebrewers Association.
- Honey up close! There are periodic honey tastings throughout the day from Temecula Valley Honey Company. Check out the live bee hive presented by The San Diego Beekeepers Society
- Enjoy many other fun activities including an Easter egg hunt, plant sale, and much more!
Raffle tickets can be purchased to enter to win valuable merchandise! There are dozens of prizes donated by local breweries, homebrewers, mead-makers, and businesses – there’s something for everyone. Buy a ticket and you could be the lucky winner!
All proceeds from ticket sales will help Alta Vista Botanical Gardens to pay for improvements, maintenance, education, and natural resources like water and power. So your purchase not only gives you a chance to win great prizes but also helps to support the gardens. Get your tickets today!
Join us for a very special gourmet
6-Course Hawaiian-themed VIP Mead Pairing* starting at 11 AM! Enjoy a delicious 6-course luau gourmet pairing featuring primer, starter, appetizer, entree, dessert, and aperitif.
Mead Made Mod and Chef Samantha from The Privateer will be on hand for a guided pairing of modern Hawaiian cuisine and mead pairing. Explore gourmet creations as we present a complete “buried” menu pairing.
VIP Menu – Coming Soon!
- No illegal or illicit substances.
- No weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, pocket knives and self defense sprays
- No flammable items including aerosols and fireworks
- No open containers of any kind. Sealed water bottles are permitted.
- No markers, pens or spray paint
- No bottles, cans, canteens, flasks, thermos, or coolers.
- No bicycles, skateboards, hover-boards, scooters, or personal motorized vehicles other than authorized handicapped transportation equipment.
- No drones or unmanned aerial vehicles
- No animals except for service animals assisting an individual with a disability. “Comfort,” “therapy” or “emotional support” animals do not meet the definition of a service animal and are not permitted entry to the festival.
- No water guns, squirt guns, nerf guns, or any other projectile launchers.
- No noisemakers or air horns
- No professional cameras or professional video and audio recording equipment, camera poles, or selfie sticks.
- No confetti, streamers, or loose glitter (wearable cosmetics are acceptable)
- Additional items may be prohibited at the discretion of security officials.